Seeking a position where my instructional design experience can be combined with my electronic media development skills to create innovative training and performance solutions.
eLearning, training, web based training development, instructional design, SCORM implementation, project management, web development, content management, XML, multimedia development, client relations, content development, analysis
U.S. Coast Guard Training Center Petaluma (Unitech & L-3 Communications) – 2005-present
Instructional Support Team, Instructional Media Designer
- Instructional Designer developing eLearning using Instructional Systems Design model. Tasks include conducting training needs analysis, content analysis, instructional design, and course development.
of data-driven web sites. Projects include creating an online content management
tool for creating and publishing eLearning courses and development of an
online project management tool.
- Experience developing SCORM conformant courseware.
- Multimedia development with Flash and other tools. Experience includes incorporating audio and
video in Flash and extensive use of ActionScript.
Tellabs/Advanced Fibre Communications – 2002-2005
- Instructional Designer developing classroom training materials, eLearning, web-based training and instructional media using Instructional Systems Design model. Specific responsibilities include training needs analysis, task analysis, writing performance based objectives, writing course materials, creating online modules, and delivering classes.
- Led eLearning implementation including assessing customer needs,
designing appropriate, cost effective solutions, developing the first
instructor-led online class, developing the first self-paced online
courseware, and developing a training DVD. Other activities included
task analysis, designing exercises specifically for online delivery,
authoring online modules, and adding tracking capabilities to online
- Administered XML-based Content Management System for technical
publications and training groups, including assisting content authors
with XML authoring and developing XSLT and CSS style sheets. .
U.S. Coast Guard Training Center- Information Resource Center- 1997-2002
Instructional Media Designer
- Lead developer coordinating the development of eLearning, web-based
training, computer based training, and instructional media. Responsibilities
included project management, supervising development team, eLearning
development, multimedia development, and budgeting.
- Projects included
developing a self-paced CBT, converting a self-paced print based
course to web-based training, and developing two web-based courses.
- Instructional Designer developing computer based training and classroom
training using Instructional Systems Design model. Tasks include conducting
training needs analysis, content analysis, design, development and
delivery of training.
- Computer trainer designing and delivering training
in web development and Microsoft Office.
- Webmaster responsible for
designing and developing web pages, providing training, support,
and consulting to web developers. Responsibilities also included making
sure all web pages complied with established guidelines and policies.
Cahill Learning Resources and Media Lab, SFSU- 1996-1997
Resource Center Supervisor
- Managed daily operations of learning center and supervised student
staff. Specific responsibilities included preparation of use reports,
research for new equipment purchases, assisting faculty and students
with computer and equipment needs.
- Designed and administered computer
training workshops for students.
- Trained staff in general computing,
using computer checkout system and general office duties.
up and maintained learning center web server, creation of web pages,
and publishing databases on the Internet.
- Designed computerized checkout
system for materials using FileMaker Pro.
Production City Video & Multimedia- 1993-1996
- Staff management including training of all new staff in video production and general office duties.
- Managed and organized all office accounts including accounts payable
and accounts receivable. Additional duties include purchasing, sales,
scheduling and budgeting.
- Video Production Manager responsible for
scheduling, organizing and budgeting productions.
- Video Editor for
a variety of productions including training programs, medical videos,
sales presentations, promotional tapes, and broadcast news segments.
- SCORM integration and conformance.
- XML authoring and XSLT programming.
- Experience developing web pages to conform to Americans with Disabilities
Act, Section 508 Web Accessibility Guidelines.
- Software experience
includes Dreamweaver, XMetaL, Photoshop, Flash, Director, Fireworks,
Premiere, Acrobat, Sound Forge and many others.
- Experience with web
conferencing tools including WebEx and Macromedia Breeze (now Adobe
- San Francisco State University- Master of Arts in Education with
concentration in Instructional Technology.
- CSU, Chico- Bachelor of Arts, Media Arts
- Creating Online Presentations with Video and
online as part of The eLearning Guild 2006 Online Forum: New Media
Tools for Developing High-end e-Learning
- Rapid Web Based Training with Templates presented at Interservice/Industry
Training, Simulation and Education Conference; Orlando, Florida; November
- Technology Empowerment: Providing a Supportive Environment for
Innovation presented at U.S. Coast Guard Innovations Expo; New
London, CT; March 2001 (Co-Presenter)
- Moving the Classroom Online presented at U.S. Coast Guard
Innovations Expo; New London, CT; March 2001
- Yeomen "A" School Web Based Training presented
at U.S. Coast Guard Human Performance Technology Conference; Yorktown,
VA; February 2001
Download Resume: Word